Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammys - the looks


Ok, the Grammys are nice, Beyoncé and Taylor Swift did really well and Kings of Leon got some awards too. But what I really want to talk about now is those ladies' looks.

Starting, of course, with Lady Gaga:


Really, I usually love her outfits and her whole style - hair, shades, shoes, makeup, etc - but what the hell just happened here? First of all: her face looks just like Amy's! (Winehouse, of course). I can see that her image is a statement and I truly deeply love that, but that doesn't mean she has to show up uglier and uglier everytime.  And what about her skin tone? She is grey as if she had been just unburied from the snow.

This spacial Armani Privé (how come???) dress wasn't that good either. Come on, she looks like a statue in the entrance of a science museum. I know everybody loves that she looks completely freaky everytime and I find it awful and terribly disapointing when she tries to look like a pretty girl... but I don't know, this choice just wasn't right for her.


Beyoncé


She looks really classy in this Stéphane Rolland dress. That is not exactly what I would have chosen for her, but in my opinion, it works well there. I was surprised though, this is not her usual sexy-bootylicious style at all! Oh, and I think her hair could have been the sexy touch in this outfit, wearing it natural, curly, voluminous... that would have shown a little more of Be's identity and would be better balanced with her supercurvy body. Her head looks so small in this look!


Taylor Swift

 

She looks stunning in this Kaufman Franco dress. So elegant and so sexy at the same time. 


Pink


 

I always think Pink looks amazing, but this outfit just blew my mind. She looks like a saint on this beautiful white hoodie-gown. A very trendy one, by the way.


Ciara

 

I hated it! She looks as if she were Robocop's widow. I just don't know what else to say...   oh yeah, it's Givenchy Haute Couture.


Jennifer Nettles


This was my favourite look, even though the dress is by Victoria Beckham. But it's all perfect - the cut, the colour, the contrast with her pale skin, the classy black details, the natural hair... everything really well put together. Loved it.


Jennifer Lopez


 

Her hair looks nice, but all the rest just looks wrong. I don't like this assimetrical Versace dress at all, the silvery part looks cheap, and her makeup looks just awful. Why did she whiten her skin? I prefer tanned Jen all the way.


Rihanna


What to say about this girl? I think this Elie Saab Haute Couture dress is overwhelming, but it's not the right choice for the occasion, neither the right choice for her. Maybe on Heidi Klum at the Oscar Ceremony? And I really don't like her hair in this look. Maybe in another outfit it would look nice, but definetly not in this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment