Monday, February 15, 2010

Long Live McQueen


I was sure there would be tributes to king McQueen on this NYFW. But honestly, I was expecting more. Some just ignored the fact that one colleague had just commited suicide and kept the show going without any kind of pronounciation, which is not nice at all. They should have done it even if just as a PR action, right? I think so. But some didn't disappoint, and here I highlight crazy Betsey Johnson. Simple and touching.

 

Here are some other tributes:

I was devastated by the fact that the McQueen house's show in NYFW was cancelled., though. He worked  so hard for that and that would be just the perfect opportunity to pay the greatest tribute to him - and I'm positive that everybody would appreciate having the opportunity of standing in ovation for his creations for the last time. But of course, that's a very personal matter and I completely respect the family's decision.

Long Live McQueen - you'll always be a great source of inspiration for our generation and the next to come.

1 comment:

  1. I think exactly the same! I've been very surprised with this desition, it was such a fail!...tears came into my eyes while I was readying your comments, because I feel that he did everything before die for this show even getting out of his mind, perhaps looking for his last recognition as an artist, as the genius that he surely know he was! he would surely adore this tribute!...he certainly will live forever!!

    ReplyDelete